Liquor Retailing in Manitoba
- Manitoba has a hybrid model of both public and private liquor retailing.
- Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries operates the network of Liquor Mart retail stores on behalf of the Province of Manitoba.
- Partner liquor vendors operate through formal agreement with Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries. To become a liquor vendor, please click here.
- Retail beer vendors operate as part of a hotel that meet prescribed requirements from the Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA).
- Licensed restaurants and bars are another important group supported by Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries
- Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries is the sole importer and supplier of beverage alcohol in Manitoba
- Licensing of retailers falls under the Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA).
Commercial Retail Partners
Our Commercial Retail Partners team is available to offer support, advice and consultation on a variety of topics affecting our retail and on-premises liquor licensees such as:
- Merchandising/Shelf Management
- Assortment Planning
- Product Education Training
- Industry Trend Information
- Retail Renovation and Design
- Customer Service “Best Practices”
- Menu Planning and Wine Lists
- Social Responsibility Awareness
In addition, we can also assist you in doing business with Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries by putting you in touch with our internal departments that may support various lines of your business.
If you have any questions, please send us a message and a member of our Commercial Retail Partners team will get back to you. Be sure to include the following with your questions:
- Business name
- Email address/phone number
- Brief description of you inquiry
Manitoba Liquor Marts- https://www.liquormarts.ca/
Liquor Gaming and Cannabis Authority- https://lgcamb.ca/