Cannabis in Manitoba
Cross-Docking Partnership - Limited Distribution Opportunity
Limited Distribution Announcement
April 14, 2022
Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries is excited to announce Delta 9 Logistics Inc, Maqabim Distributors Ltd, Open Fields Distribution, and WETT Sales & Distribution Inc. were each selected as part of a competitive RFQ process to provide cross-docking services in Manitoba. These proponents offer a significant amount of warehousing and logistics experience.
Cross-docking was identified as a practical short-term response to a growing retail landscape in Manitoba. The selected proponents are authorized to consolidate shipments across several licensed producers, reducing lead times, improving access to small, rural, and remote retailers, reducing the number of shipments to retail, and minimizing issues related to shipping delays.
We remind our business partners this is a voluntary program. Licensed producers are not required to participate and may continue to serve the Manitoba market in the same capacity they do today. Licensed producers can still direct-ship themselves or through a third party as is currently practiced today. Licensed producers are not required to enter into an agreement with one of the successful organizations.
Products may be delivered through one of the successful proponents, or retailers may request to continue to direct-ship from the licensed producer.
Should you have any questions, please contact Roger Dacquay, Manager Supply Chain & Commercial Partners at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delta 9 Logistics Inc.
Maqabim Distributors Ltd.
Open Fields Distribution
- In November 2017, the province of Manitoba mandated Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries (MBLL) to oversee and track the supply and distribution of non-medical cannabis.
- MBLL manages the wholesale purchase and distribution of non-medical cannabis for sale to Manitoba Retailers. Adults of legal age can purchase non-medical cannabis from Manitoba Retailers in person (through brick and mortar stores) and/or online.
- MBLL coordinates with licensed producers to provide direct to retail store product delivery model.
- MBLL is responsible for the management and administration of all new and existing Cannabis Store Retailer Agreements. To become a Cannabis Retailer, please click here.
- Licensing of Retailers falls under the Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA).
- Licensing of Suppliers falls under Health Canada.
Products Available in Manitoba
- Dried Flower
- Gel Caps
Effective December 16, 2019
- Province of Manitoba - https://www.gov.mb.ca/cannabis/
- LCGA - https://lgcamb.ca
- Health Canada - https://www.canada.ca/en/services/health/campaigns/cannabis.html
If you have any questions, please send us a message and a member of our cannabis team will get back to you. Be sure to include the following with your questions:
- Business name
- Email address
- Phone number