Cannabis in Manitoba
Cross-Docking Partnership - Limited Distribution Opportunity
Limited Distribution Announcement
Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries (MBLL) is excited to announce that WETT Sales & Distribution Inc. have been issued their Cannabis Distributor License from the provincial cannabis regulator the Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA). They join Delta 9 Logistics Inc. and Open Fields Distribution authorized to provide cross-docking services as defined in the Limited Distribution Agreement entered with MBLL in April 2022.
Cross-docking is a practical short-term response to a growing retail landscape in Manitoba. The licensed cross-dockers will consolidate shipments across multiple licensed producers, reducing lead times, improving access to small, rural, and remote retailers, reducing the number of shipments to retail, and minimizing issues related to shipping delays.
We remind our business partners this cross-docking initiative is a voluntary program. Retailers may continue to order from licensed producers who direct ship or have product delivered through one of the licensed proponents.
Licensed producers are not required to participate and may continue to serve the Manitoba market in the same capacity they do today. Licensed producers are not required to enter into an agreement with one of the licensed cross docking organizations. Licensed producers can still direct ship themselves or through a third party as practiced today.
See below contact information if you are interested in partnering with a licensed provincial cross-docker in Manitoba.
Delta 9 Logistics Inc.
Open Fields Distribution
https://openfields.ca or reach out to email@example.com
WETT Sales & Distribution Inc.
Cam Moskal – President/Owner
Billy Casselman – Business Development Manager
- In November 2017, the province of Manitoba mandated Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries (MBLL) to oversee and track the supply and distribution of non-medical cannabis.
- MBLL manages the wholesale purchase and distribution of non-medical cannabis for sale to Manitoba Retailers. Adults of legal age can purchase non-medical cannabis from Manitoba Retailers in person (through brick and mortar stores) and/or online.
- MBLL coordinates with licensed producers to provide direct to retail store product delivery model.
- MBLL is responsible for the management and administration of all new and existing Cannabis Store Retailer Agreements. To become a Cannabis Retailer, please click here.
- Licensing of Retailers falls under the Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA).
- Licensing of Suppliers falls under Health Canada.
Products Available in Manitoba
- Dried Flower
- Gel Caps
Effective December 16, 2019
- Province of Manitoba - https://www.gov.mb.ca/cannabis/
- LCGA - https://lgcamb.ca
- Health Canada - https://www.canada.ca/en/services/health/campaigns/cannabis.html
If you have any questions, please send us a message and a member of our cannabis team will get back to you. Be sure to include the following with your questions:
- Business name
- Email address
- Phone number