New Cannabis Distribution Partners Announcement
February 20, 2024
Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries is excited to announce 100 lbs., 1CM Inc, Lineage Distribution, Kief Cannabis Company, Valiant Distribution Canada and Brinks Canada Limited are each successful applicants as part of a competitive Request for Qualifications (RFQ) process closed November 22, 2023, seeking new applicants to render distribution services in Manitoba.
These organizations join MBLL’s existing roster of Cannabis Distribution Partners and offer a significant amount of warehousing and logistics experience and demonstrated they can contribute to the following goals of this distribution program:
- Improve provincial storage bringing more cannabis inventory into the province.
- Products delivered to retail as quickly as possible reducing lead times.
- Improved delivery services to small, rural, and remote retailers.
- Faster fulfilment cycles experienced by retailers.
- Keep supply chain costs as low as possible.
The successful applicants have entered into twelve-month renewable agreements with MBLL with the understanding that MBLL’s approach to the distribution of cannabis products in Manitoba is evolving and that there are no guarantee agreements will be renewed after twelve months. The new distribution partners are now responsible for obtaining a Cannabis Distributors License from the Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA), following which they will be permitted to commence operations.
If they are licensed by the LGCA, they will join Delta 9 Logistics Inc., Open Fields Distribution, and Maqabim Distributors Inc. expanding our number of Licensed Cannabis Distributors offering distribution services to the Manitoba cannabis retail market on behalf of MBLL.
This is a voluntary program. Licensed producers are not required to enter into an agreement with one of the successful organizations and may continue to serve Manitoba through direct ship with their own transportation fleet or through a third-party shipping carrier as currently practiced today. However, with the new delivery standards implemented by MBLL in September 2023, the Corporation encourages the use of our distribution partners if a Licensed Producers direct ship model cannot meet the desired delivery lead times and fulfillment accuracy guidelines established by MBLL.
We remind our business partners, the federal cannabis act permits licensed producers to purchase, share, and hold inventory for each other, however, only those that hold a Limited Distribution Agreement with MBLL, and a corresponding Cannabis Distributor License from the Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA) are permitted to distribute cannabis in Manitoba that is related to a MBLL purchase order. Licensed producers that ship direct to retailers as well as provincially licensed Distributors remain the only organizations permitted to fulfill cannabis purchase orders to retailers in Manitoba.
Licensed Producers that choose to distribute their products in Manitoba through an organization that is not authorized by MBLL to perform distribution services in the province, will risk being removed from the MBLL cannabis product catalogue.
Should you have any questions, please contact Roger Dacquay, Manager, Liquor & Cannabis Strategy at email@example.com.
See below contact information if you are interested in partnering with a provincially licensed cannabis distributor in Manitoba.
Licensed Distributors in Manitoba:
Delta 9 Logistics Inc.
Maqabim Distributors Inc.
- In November 2017, the province of Manitoba mandated Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries (MBLL) to oversee and track the supply and distribution of non-medical cannabis.
- MBLL manages the wholesale purchase and distribution of non-medical cannabis for sale to Manitoba Retailers. Adults of legal age can purchase non-medical cannabis from Manitoba Retailers in person (through brick and mortar stores) and/or online.
- MBLL coordinates with licensed producers to provide direct to retail store product delivery model.
- MBLL is responsible for the management and administration of all new and existing Cannabis Store Retailer Agreements. To become a Cannabis Retailer, please click here to become a Cannabis Retailer.
- Licensing of Retailers falls under the Liquor, Gaming and Cannabis Authority of Manitoba (LGCA).
- Licensing of Suppliers falls under Health Canada.
Products Available in Manitoba
- Dried Flower
- Gel Caps
Effective December 16, 2019
- Province of Manitoba - https://www.gov.mb.ca/cannabis/
- LCGA - https://lgcamb.ca
- Health Canada - https://www.canada.ca/en/services/health/campaigns/cannabis.html
If you have any questions, please send us a message and a member of our cannabis team will get back to you. Be sure to include the following with your questions:
- Business name
- Email address
- Phone number